Showcasing popular databases in the Database 101 series was meant to provide an introduction to database information and also XTIVIA’s exceptional database services. With the introductions out of the way, we’d like to share a little bit about our company and what we do.
Since 1992, the Virtual-DBA team, powered by XTIVIA, has been providing state-of-the-art database services for the world’s most prominent databases — that is, the ones we’ve highlighted in Database 101. Set up and training, monitoring and maintaining database architecture, we supply your team with everything you need to optimize your database. We don’t replace your team, we provide value to improve your business.
Whether you use Oracle or MongoDB, we can know all there is to know about database management and servicing. The following is just a few examples of the kinds of ways we can provide value to your database, team, and business:
- As the foundation of enterprise applications and business insights, the health of your database should always be a concern. Some problems may come up as an error alert, but there are subtle issues you may not always catch: degrading performance, leaking memory, inefficient data structure, old hardware, and more. These problems can linger unnoticed in the background stealing time, money, and valuable resources. Luckily, our team has the experience to check the health of your database environment and deliver a written report detailing any prescriptions needed to make things healthy. We can do a checkup when you start to feel some aches and pains or design a plan for regular health checks to keep your database in tip-top shape at all times.
- The effectiveness and efficiency of your database is paramount to the success of your business. Our team provides thorough assessments of database systems, their application, capacity, and hardware performance to determine how well your database performs. After assessing your system, we’ll create a strategy to maximize the potential of your database to improve operations and increase Return on Investment (ROI).
- Management services are our bread and butter. All databases need management and maintenance, we can do it for you, or help you make sure it’s done right — If you have the regular management and maintenance covered, then we are here to help with architecture, backup (and recovery), installation, consultation, migrations, replication, or virtualization. It can all be done under the Virtual-DBA service umbrella or as stand-alone professional service consulting engagements. We can evaluate your business needs and provide a customized service plan to provide you with a solution that fits your situation. Managed services or just someone to do the heavy lifting, our team will get you where you need to be.
- At times, you may need a trusted partner to turn to for consultation and direction. We provide expert consulting services to help our clients better understand, make use of and improve their database systems, cloud deployment, DW and BI actions, and more. When you have a question, we’re here to not only provide answers but also to help you decide on the best course of action and get the work done for you. We can also get you long term onsite staffing if that’s what you need.
- We want to provide value to your team, not replace it. When it comes to maintaining your IT infrastructure, we aim to become an extension of your operations as your managed service partner. We offer a variety of managed service plans for monitoring and managing a number of IT equipment. With an understanding of policies/procedures and your time-frame requirements, we’ll set up response standards and seamlessly integrate into your IT procedures as virtual employees.
- If you’ve already made the leap to cloud services — like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) — check with us to see if we can save you money on your cloud investments or help manage and maintain them. If your computing resources are still firmly planted on the ground, talk to us; we can help you migrate to cloud solutions that are tailored to fit your business needs.
- We have superior methods and techniques for building a Data Warehouse (DW) that supports your business needs and constraints. Whatever your system requirements call for, we’ll design, build, and manage the perfect DW for your business. Similarly, we can steer you in the right direction toward a pristine Business Intelligence (BI) platform and strategy. With a custom BI tool to fit your company, we can provide you with business insights into data to create reports and improve company-wide processes. A successful BI initiative is critical for improving revenue, enhancing methodology, and reducing business risk. Whether it’s a DW or BI, our team has the expertise to exceed your expectations with either one.
- Discounts and special offers based on year-end discounts can fluctuate and the year-end wind may leave you high and dry. Our team will not only work hard for the best price for licensing, but we’ll guide you through the relicensing process. Whatever you use, we’ll help you save time and money. Talk to us when you need new software licenses or subscriptions or when it’s renewal time.
- Whether you go with a basic, premium, or a custom plan, we offer 24×7 support plans for all of our customers, even if you’re not on a service plan or a regular subscriber. We’re frequently called on by organizations needing immediate help for issues with their critical database systems. Trouble-shooting, system revival, performance tuning, upgrades, migration, etc. — our DBAs are always on-call to do some heavy lifting where you need the strength.
There’s a lot of other ways we can step in and assist your team too, not just our primary services. We toss a wide net and also offer our clients support for the following (supported through either our managed services or our consulting/staffing services):
Sharepoint Monitoring and Administration
- Think about having someone take care of your Sharepoint install with the same care and attention we put toward your SQL Server DBA needs. That just about sums up how we can help you address your Sharepoint administration, monitoring, and maintenance tasks. If you need regular administrative assistance, need help with upgrades, or installations, we are here to help.
- If you’re using Redis on-prem or in the cloud who do you have taking care of it? Our team can manage your Redis instances just like we take care of your regular database instances. If you need help with a one off install, upgrade, or would rather have our team on call to jump in as needed that’s what we do.
Active Directory/Domain Name System
- Most likely, you’re running Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) with a Domain Name System (DNS) someplace in your environment. We’re able to manage and/or monitor the performance and operation of the AD and DNS service as well as the server infrastructure to determine system availability if it’s in your office or in the cloud.
Oracle E-Business Suite DBA
- Need someone to help with your Oracle E-Business Suite environment, including the normal Oracle DBA and Oracle Applications DBA (ADBA) functions? You already know our team has the Oracle DBA side covered, but we assist our clients with their ADBA needs as well.
IBM License Metric Tool
- You may not have a choice to run the IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT). It’s required in most cases if you are using sub-capacity licensing. In general, it’s there to help you manage your IBM software licensing, and to keep you ready to respond to any IBM audits. XTIVIA is available to help you setup, maintain, and configure the ILMT.
Mainly, to sum up, what we support is you — our client — in having the right database to suit your business needs, having that database be as optimized as possible, and support your staff with expertise and when they are off (because we want to help your team dance too!). No matter what database you’re using, we aim to service your systems and applications in any way we can.
If you need any help with your database, reach out to us here. We’d love to become a part of your team.